Sunday, September 6, 2009

I do

Considering I have the Cold of Doom right now, I stayed up way too late last night working on our ceremony. Oh well. I slept in, at least until Gus-Puppy starting bawling because he needed to go outside noooooooooooooow, now now now nooow!

The ceremony I wrote (/stole from various sources) is probably at least 6 times longer than the one initially provided by our officiant, but I don't think it's excessively long by any means. I'm not good at judging length, but I'd be surprised if it's any longer than 20 minutes.



I mainly pulled things together from 3 sources:

Peonies & Polaroids
Mrs. Cherry Pie
IndieBride Sample Ceremony Repository

I rewrote things and added my own shtuff as well, coming up with something that I think is perfect for our ceremony, and that would still make any college professor scream, "PLAGIARISM!!!" while frantically running about in circles. Most folks just use the standard canned (and still lovely) religious ceremonies, so I don't think there's anything wrong with nabbing our vows from other less traditional couples who have gone before us.

I've actually also included the traditional questions to which we answer, "I do." That's just something I've always pictured as part of my wedding ceremony, and I'm not sure I'd feel like it was official and real without us actually saying "I do." The being said, we're loving and cherishing, because I sure as hell am not promising to love, honor, and obey, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: