Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Om nom nom

Time to focus on one of the real stars of the wedding: the food. Oh yes, we took a simple route. We had no (fancy or otherwise) appetizers, no soup or salad courses, no champagne, and no signature cocktails (or any cocktails at all).



Nope, we had a plain ol' hamburger buffet with baked beans, chips and potato salad, 2 kegs, some wine, and enough pie and cake to go around. We're simple folk, and there was no need to pretend otherwise on our wedding day. Plus, for our money, that's some darn good eatin'. I mean, vegetarians aside, who doesn't like hamburgers?! Communists. That's who.



That is one excited bride. Now if only her photographers would leave her in peace to eat her hamburger. ;)



Although family made the special pie that we cut, the rest of our tasty, tasty beautiful wedding pie came from Central Market. We had 2 peach pies, 2 apple pies, 2 blueberry pies, 2 cherry pies, and 2 pecan pies. I'm salivating a little just thinking about it. My mom went to pick them up from the store, and opening her car trunk full of pies was nothing short of magical. I just stood there for a few minutes and breathed in the amazing smells of pie. Mmmmm. I hope another occasion arises someday to have that many pies at once.



Mmmm, blueberry pie. I never got a taste of that one, but I've heard it was particularly good.



In case you didn't know, pie is serious business.



See? Serious business.


All photos by Jenna Cole, unless otherwise denoted by watermark as Lynn Nguyen's.
I purchased a disc of unedited high resolution photos from Jenna, so all photos by her have been edited by me for the purpose of sharing them with you.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I love vicariously attending your wedding through your blog!!! I love it all!!!

Punctuation Mark said...

those are really nice food images... ;)