Friday, July 24, 2009

Nightmares

I've been having recurring nightmares lately.

In these dreams, I've left way too many things until the last minute. I haven't organized playlists for the reception. I haven't sent out invitations. I haven't put together any of the decor. I'm doing it all the night before, and worse yet, the day of the wedding. I'm late to the wedding by an hour and a half because I'm trying to pull everything together, yet still everything is in shambles. Gahhhhhhhh!


I wish I could say that these nightmares are completely unfounded and that it's ridiculous for my mind to be playing out these scenarios as I sleep. Unfortunately, I have a well-established reputation as a Grade-A Procrastinator. I have a looot of things left to do for the wedding and about two and a half months left to complete them. Hee hoo, hee hoo, hee hoo, breathe.

I think I might ground myself from browsing the internet, and most certainly from reading wedding blogs, until I get a significant chunk of my To Do List crossed off. I am working a fair amount (I'm getting promoted, yay), but I have plenty of time to be getting this stuff knocked out. For this next week, I'll try to focus on creating our invitations, starting our registry, and gathering some more much-needed items for our centerpieces.

1 comment:

kristisuewho said...

I keep having nightmares that some crazy lady steals my dress... and I have to get it back, but Jared can't help me because he is drunk (which is strange because he doesn't drink.)