Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bridal Portraits!

Guess what I'm super-duper excited and nervous about? Guess what's happening tomooorrow?

BRIDAL PORTRAITS!

Egads!

The lovely Jenna Cole and I will be meeting up and heading off into the middle of nowhere to take photos of this 6th Generation Texan Bride. We'll hopefully capture crops, wildflowers and other rustic Texas-y things while also keeping my dress as clean as possible, seeing as I'd also like to get married in it in less than 5 months!



I'll let you know how our shoot goes, but I'm very optimistic. You should check out her work. She's only just starting her professional photography business, but she clearly already has a great eye for composition and a good handle on the technical side of operating her camera. Her prices are also ridiculously reasonable for the 2009 season. You may also know her as Mrs. Avocado of Weddingbee.



I'm actually getting her services for free this time around because I replied to an ad of hers on Weddingbee offering free shoots so she could expand her portfolio. Woohoo! I'm not sure that I would have ever scheduled a bridal shoot otherwise. The word "free" was just far too enticing! I hope that I can work up a non-goofy smile for her so this isn't a waste where her portfolio is concerned. I'm very used to looking through the lens, but I really don't know what to do with myself in front of it.



I picked up my dress with its alterations today. The length is absolutely perfect. I feel like the draping in the back might be a tiny bit wonky with the hemming, but I don't have a full length mirror so I'm not 100% sure. Either way, I'm not sweating it.



My mom and I also finished my veil tonight! It turned out pretty fun and theatrical without going too far over the top. We added some feathers to my flower fascinator, and pulled the extra french netting into a nice poof that sits under the fascinator. It's difficult to properly describe, but hey, I'll have photos of it for you soon, since I'm bringing it on the photo shoot tomorrow!


Credit to JennaCole for all Photos

No comments: